When we still had 14 candidates running in the GOP Primary, here’s where our country stood as it dealt with Islam and Muslims [December 2015 Public Policy Polling]…
- 46% supported a national database of Muslims, to only 37% opposed.
- 54% supported Trump’s proposed Muslim ban, to only 25% who opposed it.
- 36% thought thousands of Arabs in New Jersey cheered when the World Trade Center collapsed to 35% who didn’t think that happened.
- Only 28% of GOP primary voters went so far as to think mosques in the United States should be shut down to 47% who were opposed to that.
- Overall 53% of primary voters thought Islam should be allowed to just 26% who didn’t think it should be. Just 33% of Trump supporters thought Islam should be legal to 42% who thought it should be illegal.
Looking specifically at Trump’s supporters on two other heavy topics:
- 41% of his voters thought Japanese internment was a good thing, to 37% who didn’t.
- 41% of his supporters would favor bombing Agrabah to only 9% who were opposed to doing that.
Agrabah is the country from the Disney animated movie, Aladdin.
More polling about Agrabah:
Overall 30% of Republican primary voters said they supported bombing Agrabah to 13% who were opposed.
But let’s be clear…Islamophobia isn’t just a GOP issue, Public Policy Polling asked the same question of Democrats, and 36% of them opposed bombing Agrabah to 19% who were in support.
You did just read that Agrabah is a fake Disney country, correct? If you don’t believe me, then look on a globe, map, or just Google it… A-G-R-A-B-A-H.
Which makes me wonder where the country stands now with four remaining GOP candidates in the running, and the frontrunner spewing so much hate about Islam, Muslims, and Immigration (and Rubio and Cruz sharing similar sentiments)–have these numbers increased, decreased, or remained steady when it comes to Muslims?…
Watch this video to hear someone’s commentary about this poll and what it says about our country, the hypocrisy of those who claim to know and support the US Constitution, and the hypocrisy of those who want constitutional freedoms to only apply to “us” and not “them”. When the word “terrorist” is only aligned with a Muslim-sounding name, we’re in huge trouble.
We’re in a sad state of affairs right now people. Our country is divided based on color, race, religion, and class. The “land of the free and home of the brave” is clearly shifting to the “land of the enslaved and home of the ignorant”. Some people are mentally, spiritually, financially, and physically enslaved in the US, and the comments that we hear from GOP candidates and their supporters prove that there are large numbers of people walking around blindly ignorant–and like the flu, it is contagious!
Public Policy Polling: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/12/trump-leads-grows-nationally-41-of-his-voters-want-to-bomb-country-from-aladdin-clinton-maintains-bi.html
Secular Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OMDiWqH5c
Copyright 2016. Some Rights Reserved. Natasha Foreman Bryant. The Paradigm Life.